Monday, August 28, 2006

A patriotic family

The most mature of the fruits of my loins knows the second (and the first) verse of Our National Anthem. I've just watched him singing it this morning at school.

AND HE HAD HIS HAND ON THE GENERAL AREA OF HIS FRIGGING HEART.

Also, his jeans were falling down just a tiny bit, because I forgot to get him to do the bounce test (do these stay up my love? bounce, bounce yeah, these will be fine) after he put them on and before we left home. Anyhoo, details.

He seems to have learnt it (the national anthem) the traditional way - by his teachers at school - whereas I learnt it because my mother liked a bit of a sing after she had a brandy or two. Or three. That's when I learnt all my best stuff.

2 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

D'Arcy was amazed to hear that I knew Advance Australia Fair the other day. He thought it was something that was only sung at his school assembly.

CelloBella said...

Why didn't someone tell me about the bounce test.

I have spent my whole motherhood trying not to see my child's er cleavage!